My Approach to Psychotherapy:
As a psychotherapist, I work collaboratively with individuals, couples, and families to find effective solutions to the life concerns that bring people to therapy. The most important relationship any of us will have is the relationship we have with ourselves. Getting to know ourselves better, healing old wounds that keep us from being or having what we long for, can be the most fulfilling inner journey we embark on. Bringing over 35 years in practice, my goal is to help you achieve emotional harmony by using psychotherapy techniques. You are choosing to take a step that has the potential to be life-changing. If you are looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation, or if you are just ready to move in a new direction in your life, counseling can help you achieve these goals. While we can’t change difficult situations from the past, we can work together to help you better understand and resolve the challenges you face.
- Imago Couples Therapy: teaches couples skills and tools to discover the root of conflicts and create win-win solutions. It integrates leading approaches to psychotherapy to create a practical model for working with couples to change the behavior which will restore their connection.
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT): based in attachment and bonding that helps couples to build their relationship into a primary safe, secure, nurturing, comforting relationship.
- Couples Therapy -Gottman Method: helps couples break through barriers to achieve greater understanding, connection and intimacy in their relationships.
- EMDR: an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma.
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy: focuses on underlying motives that manifest in current behaviors.
- Relational Psychotherapy: uses the therapist-client relationship as a forum in which to explore your current experience of the world.
- Substance Abuse- Eating Disorder Counseling: provides treatment and support to help individuals recover from addictions and disordered eating.